To develop Springfielders to be culturally savvy;
- To expose Springfielders to the world and sensitise them to the place of Singapore in relation to its global context; and to deepen Springfielders ‘commitment and rootedness to Singapore.
2017 Hong Kong Leadership, Academic, Cultural Immersion and Adventure Overseas Learning Trip
- To experience a different culture through interactions with students from schools in Hong Kong.
- To develop global awareness and cross-cultural skills.
- To develop students to be active contributors and self-directed learners.
- To experience different landscapes and terrains.
2017 Shanghai Immersion Trip
RATIONALE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE TRIP
The purpose of this trip is to expose our students to the culture of China. Besides exposing them to the cultural aspect, we hope our students will experience the lifestyle of the people living in Shanghai and gain acquaintance to the sporting, innovative and artistic flair of the country. Having such experience would definitely generate a greater impact and influence than a typical classroom lesson, and hence supporting a global classroom experience.By the end of the trip, students are expected to:
- Share with the whole school their reflections and learning experiences
- Contribute in school-wide events involving values-in-action, innovation & enterprise and aesthetics
- Deepen their cultural knowledge of China
- Develop their leader
- ship skills (both self and peer)
The students who embarked on this trip will:
- Host any future exchange students or school visits
- Conduct an assembly sharing
- Assist in International Friendship Day
- Update the Global Springfield board
- Engage our International students with the intention to integrate them.
- Click here for more info
- Click here