RWD Menu Springfield Secondary Springfield Secondary SchoolLifelong Learners, Exemplary Leaders Website Search
1. Brief introduction
2. Challenges students will face
3. Skills / Talents / Qualities the CCA is looking for
4. The benefits of joining the CCA
1. In 2018, Infocomm Club merged together with Design & Robotics Club to linearize different facets of computer science, software programming through game design, and basic robotics engineering into one conglomeration CCA.
2. The newly form Infocomm Club aims to inflame student’s creativity and passion for IT-related skills in a fun and meaningful way by helping them to learn new and/or refine their Infocomm skills to be ready and relevant in the a tech-driven 21st century.
In Infocomm Club, member will be introduce to basic IT fundamentals and robotics. Students will gain a deep understanding of the technologies and information systems used in corporations and enterprises, and learn to design, integrate and manage processes and systems. In addition to IT skills, student will also gain the experience to create, design, and build simple toy models and explore their engineering and programming skills in a school-based competition using Lego Mindstorms.
3. Infocomm Club is open to anyone who is keen to embark in a journey of Infocomm Technology, Programming, IT Solutions, Game Making, Robotics and etc. With a background in Programming is helpful, basic robotic building and programming using Lego Mindstorms.
4. Through the clubs activities, students can appreciate technologies better, and creatively apply their skills to communicate ideas and use them in their school project work. The clubs can also be a supplementary resource for teachers to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
Members of Infocomm Club Flagship can be involved in programmes such as:
What you will learn
During the four years in Infocomm Club member will be expose to and learn the following:
|Teacher in-charge: |
|Coaches / Trainers|
List of annual programs/events
Infocomm Club members teaching fellow Springfielders through fun games, and quizzes during Springfield’s
CyberWellness Week 2018.
An Infocomm member learning 3D rendering during an AutoDesk workshop conducted by Singapore
Polytechnic for the Toy Design Competition 2018.
Infocomm members commanding and flying a Drone during Aerochallenge 2018 organised and hosted by
Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
Infocomm Club’s 2018 Intra-CCA Lego Mindstorm Animal Allie Competition.
Two Springfielders accepting the Merit Award for the Toy Plane Design for 2017 Toy Design Competition organised by Singapore Polytechnic.