RWD Menu Springfield Secondary Springfield Secondary SchoolLifelong Learners, Exemplary Leaders Website Search
- To develop and promote effective, character and career development needs of all students through a comprehensive Pastoral Care Programmes.
- To instil in pupils the attitude of caring, civic-mindedness and graciousness.
- To provide Career Guidance for our pupils.
- To arrange appropriate help for identified pupils through a system of referral, counselling and follow-up action.
- To render help to identified pupils with behavioural and emotional problems so as to reach beneficial solutions.
- To guide students to by independent and responsible individuals.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to develop leadership qualities.
The department runs six main programmes that have been planned in stages so as to cover the four/five years that a Springfielder will spend in school before graduation
CME Lessons / PC Session
- Sexuality Educational
Sexuality education is an important programme in our schools. It aims to help our young understand the physiological, social and emotional changes they experience as they mature, develop healthy relationships with the opposite sex and to teach them how to make responsible choices. It is premised on the importance of the heterosexual married family as the basic unit of society, and respect for the values and beliefs of the different ethnic and religious communities on sexuality issues.
- Educational & Career Guidance
The Career Guidance Programme aims to provide Springfielders with the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to make good and informed decisions about post-Secondary education, training and employment options. This is done through promoting career awareness and equipping Springfielders with the skills in gathering and making decisions on educational and career options.
Cyber Wellness refers to the positive well-being of Internet users. It involves an understanding of the risks of harmful online behaviours, an awareness of how to protect oneself and other Internet users from such behaviours.
- Community Involvement
The school involves pupils in community service so as to fulfil its responsibilities to the community and to encourage the spirit of volunteerism in all Springfielders. Every Springfielder is encouraged to go beyond the required minimum six hours of community service.
Counselling aims to help Springfielders with problems to reach beneficial solutions. Teacher-Pupil Conferencing is a proactive approach adopted by the school so as to enable teachers and pupils to build rapport and for teachers to identify pupils who need help, at an early stage.