RWD Menu Springfield Secondary Springfield Secondary SchoolLifelong Learners, Exemplary Leaders Website Search
DSA Exercise 2018
In Springfield, we nurture students to be lifelong learners and exemplary leaders. We invite Primary 6 students with sporting talent to join our school through the DSA Exercise. Through our Applied Learning Programme (ALP) which looks into the areas of health and sports sciences, students will be able to optimize their performance by understanding and applying what they have learnt during the ALP lessons when they engage in their sports.
DISTINCTIVE PROGRAMME: HEALTH AND SPORTS SCIENCES
SELECTION & APPLICATION INFORMATION
(A) SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Students who have
- attained a minimum BRONZE Award in the National Physical Fitness Award (NAPFA) for 2018
- achievements in the following sports: Sports Climbing, Taekwondo and Floorball
- good character and leadership skills / taken on leadership position in schools
2. Specific sports trials and interviews will be conducted for shortlisted students based on their area of involvement and selection (Item E of application form).
Shortlisted DSA applicants will be notified of the dates of the trials and interviews.
(B) APPLICATION PROCESS
Application forms can be obtained from the General Office during office hours, Monday to Friday, from 0800hrs to 1700hrs. Alternatively, the application form can also be downloaded from the link provided below.
The following documents are to be submitted with the application form:
- Photocopies / scanned copies of 2018 School Mid-Year Progress report and NAPFA results
- Character and Student Leadership references / supporting documents
- Any other relevant documents
Completed application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted by Friday, 24 August 2018.
(C) IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE
|DSA Exercise||Time Frame|
Start of DSA Application
|Monday 7 May 2018|
|Friday 24 Aug 2018|
2 July to 23 Aug 2018
|By 31 Aug 2018|
(D) IMPORTANT CLAUSES FOR APPLICANTS
- Successful DSA-Sec students are NOT allowed to participate in the Secondary One Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools; and
- Successful DSA-Sec students are NOT allowed to transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They are expected to honour the commitment to the posted DSA school for the duration of the programme admitted to.